Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Kata Tjuta Vow


This week was one chock full of incredible, inspiring, and at times, upsetting moments. With moments such as these though, come lessons. Sometimes those lessons are small trivial ones, and sometimes they bear a far more significant meaning. 

(I mean hot daaaaamn look at this baby, how could you not)

Kata Tjuta was the first sight I saw upon landing in the NT. In fact I saw it before the plane actually landed and was still making its decent. In that moment I was blown away by the beauty of it, the size of it, the natural curves and imperfections that the formation also known as The Olgas, seemed to possess. 

As well as the fact that the place seemed to click with me on a spiritual level, in that moment I became astoundingly aware of the impact that a 'first impression' can have on a person. There is nothing more incredible or exhilarating than experiencing something for the first time. This sudden awareness that I'd developed hit me so hard that I literally, right there in that moment, wrote a vow to myself that I would never stop searching out the new, and the beautiful wonders of the world. 

As this was most likely the last family holiday I would be spending with my (you guessed it) family, it held quite significant sentimental value in that aspect also. I adore my family to the ends of the earth and nothing will ever be able to take away from the incredible memories we shared adventuring in a new place together. 

(we're so frickin cute look at dis shit)

There was so much laughter and wonder shared between us, only a fraction of which I managed to capture through the photos I took, but I was thrilled with the knowledge that it was a fraction I would be able to keep with me forever.

Unfortunately, as I am a blundering idiot who manages to somehow screw up some aspect of everything I do, I managed to leave my camera on the plane home. As a result of this I have spent the last 48 hours wallowing in grief and regret, more upset over the loss of my photos than my camera in general.

With each negative, though, comes a positive. The one that has resonated most with me through this experience, is my family's relentless support of me. Regardless of how completely first-world-problem-y, or how bitter and unpleasant I was within those couple of days, they were so completely supportive. From offering hugs every two seconds, to literally calling everywhere that could potentially help in the locating and returning of my camera , they are just so so SO incredibly beautiful. 

After a couple of days reflection, the lessons that have presented themselves along with the ups and downs of this holiday have become clear. And regardless of the downs, I'm pleased with the lessons that appear along side them.


Georgina Kay 


Photo credit goes to wherespablo.com
and my beautiful Mother - Katrina Holmes



No comments:

Post a Comment